Time Is On Your Side & You Feel Confident
You've taken some good steps toward meeting your retirement goals by enrolling and contributing to the Plan. There might be additional options available to you, giving you the added confidence that you’ll stay on the right path.
Since time is on your side, you probably have several years left until you retire, and you have opportunities to educate yourself on how to stay on track. We’re here to help.
Tools to help you understand – Find out how much you might need and ways you can invest.
- Use the Interactive Retirement PlannerSM to understand what you might need. Then, learn how the Plan may work better for you.
- Read How Dollar Cost Averaging Works to learn how investing in regular intervals into the Plan may help you build momentum for your money.
Information about increasing your contributions – If you continue to make regular increases to the Plan, consider putting raises or bonuses into the Plan – it’s an easy way to invest a little more.
- Read about the benefits of increasing contributions to learn how to challenge yourself to max out your contributions.
- See how investing earlier may give your investments the chance to grow with the power of time and compounding. Keep in mind, investing involves market risk, including possible loss of principle.
Resources on re-evaluating investments regularly – Once you’ve enrolled in the Plan and set up online access, you have resources to better understand the Plan.
- Have an account review with an Account Executive.
- Learn more about asset allocation so you can establish a long-term investment strategy to help build a balanced investment mix. Asset allocation does not assure a profit or prevent a loss.
Additional articles or videos to help you learn more:
- The Cost of Inflation – There are things that are out of your control. Learn more about how inflation may affect your savings.
- Social Security – You may want to supplement your Social Security Benefits by investing in the Plan.
- Living Longer in Retirement – Many public sector employees retire early and need their savings to last 30 or more years in retirement.
- Market risk – Learn how to manage your account in ever-changing market conditions.
Get the help you need
We’re here to help you understand what steps are available to you. If you have any questions or just want to talk about planning for retirement, call your Account Executive today – they are happy to help you.